|General||Book Locations||Map||Strategy||Okri's Challenges|
"Listen, Olesya's got a good shot at gaining some proper information about the Skittergate. She's going into Helmgart, and so are you. Difference is, she'll be sneaky, and you'll be loud. Provide a distraction by ringing the bells at the Temple of Sigmar. Let's allow the old woman to work in peace, eh?" ― Franz Lohner
"I need a distraction, and you're just the fellows to make it for me. Ring out them bells, as me mother used to say. The bells in question are in Helmgart's Temple of Sigmar. Give 'em a good clatter and you'll draw every eye and blade for miles around. Why, you ask? Our friendly, neighborhood magic spy, Olesya, needs to gather vital intelligence on the Skittergate. Figure you could help her out." ― Franz Lohner
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
The heroes travel through Helmgart, which has been invaded by the combined forces of the Skaven and the Rotblood Tribe. They make their way through the town and over the city walls towards the Temple of Sigmar. Their goal is to ring the bell inside the temple in order to create a distraction for Oleysa.
Arena Event[edit | edit source]
At the training yard, the heroes must raise two portcullises with a chain winch in order to progress. Activating the winch will cause enemies to attack until the second portcullis is raised. Once both are raised, the heroes can progress to the elevator and up to the city wall.
Finale[edit | edit source]
Within the Temple of Sigmar, the heroes will find a large bell. Ringing it causes the temple doors to close and enemies waves to spawn. The statue of Sigmar inside the temple will slowly rise, until the Hammer creates an magic energy blast and destroys all enemies. The players can then progress down a spiral staircase to the Bridge of Shadows. This event is kill-dependent, meaning the faster the heroes clear the enemy waves, the faster the event finishes.
Post-Mission[edit | edit source]
After completing Righteous Stand, Oleysa will say the following.
"That was a fair old racket, heroic ones, and by Ursun, it actually worked! Hardly saw a twitching tail or a beady eye. Well, except for all the busy ones around the Skittergate. Busy, busy little rats... So busy I could easily glean some useful information. Yes, crucial information! The Skittergate will be up again, sooner or later, but first, only at minimal capacity. This is when I will go through it. Well, not me personally of course, but, I have my methods. When in Norsca, I will take good look around and see what I can come up with. And yes, I have established a secure path for me to get back down there, but should it be compromised, I might need another distraction or two from you lot." ― Oleysa
Locations[edit | edit source]
- Helmgart Military Quarters: the ward where the heroes begin.
- Stiefelplatz: area with some burning hay chariots ("Boots-square" in german).
- Woodworker's Guild: area where some workshops can be entered.
- Franz Erikson Platz: area with a dry fountain, merchant stalls and a mounting ramp where a Horde or Boss usually spawn. First tome here.
- Bowman Garrison: the arena-looking ward, with archery targets and the portcullis that triggers the arena event.
- Bastion Entrance: reached by riding the elevator, includes the small room at the other end of it.
- Kreigsheim Barracks: barracks including the bedbunks and some slaughtered guards. First Grimoire here ("Home of Kreig" in german, maybe a typo from "Kriegsheim", "Home of war").
- Bastion Entrance: area above the Barracks, with stone stairs leading to the next area.
- Southern Axe Bite Garrison: area including one length of the top of a wall, and one tower.
- Gatehouse Ward: area of the locked door, the cannon and the treadwheel crane to lift it.
- Northern Axe Bite Garrison: area with one length of wall, two towers, and a crane holding a platform with a crate of ammo on it. Second Grimoire here.
- Northern Redoubt: last portion of wall that you have to drop off to go to the temple.
- Heldenhammer Terrace: grassy part with some trees and a statue. Third Tome here.
- Temple to Sigmar: area of the finale, with a massive statue of Sigmar at its center.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the beta this map was called "Seeds of Corruption"
- The Franz Erikson Platz in front of the arena is named in reference to Franz Erikson, leader of the Helmgart Bowmen in the 1998 videogame Warhammer: Dark Omen.
- The statue of Sigmar in the temple is the same you can get in your Keep with the Collector's Edition.
|ACT 1||Righteous Stand • Convocation of Decay • Hunger in the Dark • Halescourge|
|ACT 2||Athel Yenlui • The Screaming Bell • Fort Brachsenbrücke • Into the Nest|
|ACT 3||Against the Grain • Empire in Flames • Festering Ground • The War Camp|
|SHADOWS OVER BÖGENHAFEN||The Pit • The Blightreaper|
|BACK TO UBERSREIK||The Horn of Magnus • Garden of Morr • Engines of War • (Fortunes of War)|