Weekly Events[edit | edit source]
A Challenge Awaits. Embrace it swiftly for it will not linger long.
Weekly events are Quick Play missions that feature random modifiers every week.
Special Events[edit | edit source]
From time to time the game has special events which change the look of Taal's Horn Keep.
Skulls for the Skull Throne (2020 editing)[edit | edit source]
This was the first ever event in Vermintide 2 in patch 22.214.171.124
The 2018 event had a quest to get the "Champion of Khorne" frame by completing 10 quick play games.
The 2019 event had the Weekly Event featuring the Modifiers Mark of Khorne and Send in the next wave! It also gave four quests:
- Triumphant Soul: Complete the Weekly Event - Rewards The Gaze of Khorn Portrait Frame (2020 The Last War of Bastonne the Bold)
- Trial of Slaughter: Collect 8 pieces of Ravaged Art - Rewards Ravaged Art: (investigating)
- Blood God's Champion: Slay Bödvarr Ribspreader - Rewards Ravaged Art: Skulltaker, Blood God's Champion (2020 Onslaught from Beyond)
- Skulltaker: Complete 8 Quickplay Missions - Rewards Ravaged Art: (investigating)
Sonnstill Celebration[edit | edit source]
The event was presented on patch 1.1.1
The event had a quest to get the "Rhya's Blessed" frame by completing 10 quick play games.
Mondstill Celebration[edit | edit source]
This event was presented on patch 1.4.1
It hasn't introduced any changes to the keep's visual appearance, but included two seasonal quests rewarded with seasonal portrait frames:
- "A Season for Slaughter", where players have to complete 5 quick play games on Legend Difficulty to acquire a "Wolf of Winter" frame.
- NOTE: Patch notes have stated custom games are valid for this quest as well
- "Let Fire Guide Thee", where player needs to find and light 4 bonfires on four different maps (one bonfire on each map) to acquire the "Festively Frozen" animated frame.
This event was presented for the Vermintide 2 One and Two Year anniversary. It takes place on a Helmgart map that mixes some elements of previous levels. Bottles of ale are disseminated in the second half of the level, and players have to drink them so as to not fall in an Hungover state, where they cannot use their special ability. Drinking three bottles in a row grants a greatly accelerated cooldown on your special ability, but drinking more will immediately put you out of combat.
The quests it brought were :
- Finish the level to get a frame.
- The Flooded Crown: Find 9 pieces of Art in the level to get a painting.
- No Bottle Left Unemptied: Drink all of the bottles in the level to get another frame.
Geheimnisnacht[edit | edit source]
This event reigns during Halloween and adds pumpkins and more candles to the Keep to add to the season's atmosphere. Not only this, but during the event most of the outdoors missions are set in night mode, where the only lights are cast by Mannslieb and Morrslieb in the sky. The event has a themed Weekly Event, two event quests and the frame "Fangtastic Fortitude" has been brought back.
The portrait frame "Fangtastic Fortitude" can be obtained by playing a game with a person who also has the portrait. The other one, "Deathwalker", is obtainable from an event mission.
The halloween quests are:
- The Most Horrible Time of the Year: Complete the Weekly Event - Rewards Ravaged Art: The Butcher of Blood Bay
- By the Light of the Twin Moons: Complete 10 Quick Play Missions - Rewards Deathwalker Portrait Frame
Year of the Rat 2020[edit | edit source]
This event was presented on patch 126.96.36.199
The accompanying Weekly Event featured the Modifiers Send in the next wave! and More Specials and had the following three event quests: